2019 BioHealth Capital Region Forum
Top 3 by 2023
Save the Date
April 8+9, 2019 | 1 MedImmune Way
Gaithersburg MD, 20878
20% of the top influencers worldwide in vaccine development
World-class tech + big data + biotech + White House Precision Medicine Initiative = new frontiers in patient-centered medicine
MD | DC | VA
Our Goal: To become a Top 3 BioHealth Hub by 2023.
Driving Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- World–renowned research institutions and universities
- Influential policymakers and advocacy groups pioneering new health strategies
- World–leading infectious disease research and vaccine development
- Fastest growing region for healthcare companies in the U.S.
- Rated #1 in the nation for science and engineering talent
- Mission control for the National Cancer Moonshot Initiative
Greater Washington had its second-biggest venture funding year in at least a decade in 2017, with startups across the metro area raking in more than $1.55 billion.
More than 110 companies have graduated since bwtech@UMBC began offering incubation services in 1989.
TAI Diagnostics said earlier this week that it had closed a $10 million round of funding and forged a new partnership with United Therapeutics (NASDAQ: UTHR).
Emergent BioSolutions Inc. (NYSE:EBS) today announced the initiation of a Phase 2 dose ranging study to evaluate the safety, pharmacokinetics, and clinical benefit of FLU-IGIV, the company’s anti-influenza immune globulin…
In covering the D.C. innovation economy comes the inevitable: funding news. Trust us, there’s a lot of it floating around the D.C. metro area. Here’s a roundup of all of…
Virginia Bio, the premier statewide non-profit association representing the life science industry in the Commonwealth of Virginia, has elected two new members to their Board of Directors for a term…